Since 1994, Grace Church has hosted an Alternative Gifts Market and Crafts Fair. Shoppers come from Hastings and neighboring towns to do their holiday shopping by making a donation to one of 30+ domestic or international projects that provide tools, water, education, medical care and hope to people in need. Shoppers are given gifts cards describing the project. The cards can then be given to people on your gift list who would appreciate a gift that makes a world of difference. Fair traded food items, jewelry and crafts from cottage industries in developing countries are also sold at the market.
All income from the market is forwarded to nonprofit relief and development agencies or craft cooperatives.
Some reasons to consider alternative giving:
- You’re frustrated with trying to find gifts for people who already have everything.
- You ’d like to use your resources to make a difference in the world.
- You want to teach your children about giving and sharing.
- You want to put the meaning back into Christmas.
- You’re concerned about the people who aren’t on anyone’s gift list.
Plan to shop at our market this year
Saturday, November 19 – noon until 4:00 p.m.
Sunday, November 20 – noon until 3:00 p.m.
If you can’t make it to our market, you can shop online at: